Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ballet Slippers


 

 
 
Recently, I've been loving very light pink, almost white nails. I feel like everyone is wearing pastel colors for spring and I love the fresh look that it gives. Obviously from the pictures above you can see that I don't have very long nails - this is considered long for me! These are the steps I take when working with a more sheer nail polish. I used Ballet Slippers by Essie and Matte About You by Essie:
1. Once you've applied your base coat, paint on one layer of the main sheer color and let dry 2 minutes.
2. Apply one coat of the matte clear coat of your choosing and let dry 2 minutes.
3. Apply 1-2 more coats of the main sheer color and let dry 2 minutes per coat.
4. Apply top coat and let dry for 15 minutes.
5. Add cuticle moisturizer of your choice.

To me, it is essential to let your coats dry completely before adding another because the drying time ensures that the coat will look even and perfectly polished. Once I know that every single nail is completely dry, I like to add a moisturizing cream to my cuticles to restore the hydration that was stripped from the acetone/nail polish remover. My current favorite is the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream from Burt's Bees. I hope you guys liked this little nail segment. There will definitely be more coming soon! 

Love, Jeni

P.S. If you don't want to sit and wait for 15 minutes to let your nails dry, I always blast my hair dryer on them to speef up the process!



No comments:

Post a Comment